EU Selling with upcoming VAT changes

do you have any official link to confirm this ?

Rgds

Hello folks,
Iā€™ve been waiting for a UK solution since January, and this EU issue may be even more challenging.
What are yā€™all doing? setting up an alternative store for these other regions on another platform? I canā€™t keep denying UK business, they were a good chunk of my business. I also donā€™t want to go through the arse-ache of sending a check to the UK every 3 months.

What platforms are a decent alternative, without overbearing admin?

2 Likes

Just a little UP to let this topic in priority list @tindie @jasminebrackett

Hello Everyone,

This is what I put in the recent seller update email:

"Unfortunately, we donā€™t have a timeframe of when tax handling capability will be rolled out on Tindie. Many areas of our parent company, Supplyframeā€™s are in review since the merger with Siemens in August. As one of Supplyframeā€™s brands, Tindieā€™s tax handling processes will be assessed, and changes will be made in due course.

Weā€™ll update you as soon as we have more information to share. We apologize for any disruptions caused."

This frustratingly also applies to us being able to complete the wise.com integration for disbursements.

I know this is not the news you want to hear this Black Friday, and I apologize. Thank you for sticking with us so far.

Any updates on this? I currently have 70 requests to ship to Europe and probably many more who left instead of sending a shipping request.

1 Like

Just to put this topic back in the top and ToDo listā€¦one year now we are expecting TINDIE to solve thisā€¦
@jasminebrackett : any fresh news ?

1 Like

more than one year this topic was open without bringing any solutionā€¦
is there still someone driving @TINDIE ?

Hi SmartElectronic,

Weā€™ve havenā€™t forgotten about looking into providing our Buyers/Sellers with VAT solutions. Our product manager @jasminebrackett is still looking into seeing how we can provide all of our users with easier tax handling capabilities when using our marketplace. I understand that currently not having any options is frustrating but please understand that we are still working towards a solution.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

What the status on Indieā€™s support of EU/UK VAT law compliance?

You could just open a store on Lectronz. Itā€™s like Tindie but they have tools to support EU VAT compliance, including imports, and also deal with sales taxes everywhere else. Youā€™ll find a few familiar Tindie sellers who have opened a second store there.

1 Like

@jasminebrackett do we have any updates on if/when weā€™ll have IOSS support as itā€™s now been years since we needed IOSS and years since the Siemens acquisition of Supplyframe (and years of sellers like myself not selling to EU customers on Tindie)?

@8086net The Tindie team cannot make any changes on the finance side of Tindie until Supplyframeā€™s Accounting team give us the go-ahead. This includes ways to disperse, tax handling, and IOSS. Supplyframe is still working to integrate its other products with Siemens, so we are still waiting.

If Supplyframe/Siemens are hellbent on stifling development and running Tindie into the ground would it not be better for all involved to split it off and tried to find a buyer?

Hi @8086net,

As previously mentioned Supplyframeā€™s Accounting team is still assessing this topic. Unfortunately, we are still waiting for an update from them.

I understand this wasnā€™t the answer you were looking for but for the time being, we just have to wait.