EU Selling with upcoming VAT changes

Yes this is all right ! and considering that TINDIE didn’t do anything for UK that start January 1st, I am not expecting so much from them now.
The danger is even worth from my point of view : If we sell without VAT but As platform TINDIE will be fined and have to paid all due VAT (and, for sure, this will append sooner or later) how can we be certain that this won’t be deducted on the refund to the seller next ?

Maybe @jasminebrackett can confirm they won’t… can you?

Looks like an empty taxi.

Not at all as we all are in the Taxi (TINDIE)…but no driver :frowning:

1 Like

Good point. Well made.

Hey @e02a5f0b you need an attitude adjustment mate. To help you, here are a few things I don’t usually respond to from strangers:

You are welcome to ignore my posts, not everyone likes a Smart Alec.

1 Like

If you are leaving your job if something isn’t quite right instead of trying to fix it first - that’s your choice, but why should we do the same?

1 Like

I always thought “platforms” were the way to go. Imagine how big of an organization you would need to be to set up your own Walmart. Laughable!

I apologize if this came across as patronizing.

There’s no unfinished job. Our role here is as (paying) customers. When I frequent a business I can ask them to add a related service. If they say that they will look into it, I may follow-up every now an then. If they won’t or can’t provide what I need, I will look somewhere else. I won’t make snarky comments when other customers ask for the same thing, and I certainly won’t heckle staff who works hard to keep the lights on.

What I’m trying to say is, that Tindie is aware that this is an issue. Understand that they work with limited resources. Integrating into tax systems is complex, even more so internationally.

@e02a5f0b : You are right : this is not professional platform…
I just cross some of your words :wink:
Anyways you are right and nothing obliges US (vendor) to stay.

For my side I am already setting my own shop outside and also connect with other platform that already setup the VAT problem.

My thinking is that this is just sad to see that TINDIE sound to be a good idea to create electronic DIY platform and that’s why I join, but despite they sell the company to major European company they still don’t invest and solve this major problem.

2 Likes

Just keeping the offending article here for reference:

1 Like

A post just to keep the topic in TOP LIST :wink:

1 Like

Well, they should do something about this… they really should.

It’s true, this is not a professionals platform, it never was, there is significant differences in terms of taxation in different countries and places, Tindie IS A GLOBAL store and they should have some kind of a solution for all of this.

Let’s hope for the best and quick solution.

A post just to keep the topic in TOP LIST :wink:
one month already pass from July 1st ans still nothing nor answer fro TINDIE…poor service!

@jasminebrackett : if you are still alive maybe you can give some news to all of us…

@SmartElectronic I’m still alive.

Unfortunately, any changes that involve the accounting department have been put on hold because of the Siemens acquisition of Supplyframe. The integration process is about to start, but I don’t have any timeline on when Tindie will be reviewed.

I know it’s frustrating. Thanks for your patience. As soon as we can make these live we will email all Tindie sellers and announce it on social media channels as well as here.

2 Likes

Hi @jasminebrackett

I know its on the list so I am not sure me adding my request also will help much, but if Tindie can integrate IOSS it would be really helpful. It is possible for individuals to register for an IOSS as either an account or a pre-pay option via Taximo, but I think its going to be a lot of extra work for sellers. We will also need to generate additional compex shipping rates for EU customers to re-coup the cost. Much better to be done centrally by Tindie, such that they can provide a guarantee to all EU Tindie customers that they wont be stuck with extra charges.

digression: Imagine SIEMENS loses interest in Tindie. :slight_smile: And it goes public :slight_smile: With some sellers being able to purchase shares before it goes public :slight_smile: I vote for that :smiley: hihihi

I vote for that too :+1:

two month already this European regulation is effective…what about @tindie ? any progress ?

2 Likes

Yes I would be grateful for some progress on this and on the transferwise front… :smiley:
I’d like to start expanding my business on Tindie but am on the fence as support on this forum is slow or non-existent. I appreciate that Tindie has a limited team but I am getting the impression the platform is slowly coming to its demise. Any updates would be gladly appreciated.

@TindieTeam @tindie @jasmineb @jasminebrackett

Cheers

1 Like

Just a little UP to let this topic in priority list @tindie @jasminebrackett

1 Like