Alternatives to Paypal

It would be great to have payoneer.com as an alternative. They offer easy and simple transfers from their accounts anywhere else via swift.

4 Likes

Any updates on the topic? Our team is unlucky enough to be from a country not supported by paypal :frowning:

I think it would be neat to have payoneer as an alternative

2 Likes

With Payoneer there would be a minimum disbursement amount and/or a fee for each transfer.

At the moment Tindie does not pass on the fee to sellers when a refund is issued. However, as the number of cancelled orders have gone up due to COVID shipping issues, it’s something we may have to start doing. So please ensure your stock is up to date and you remove shipping rates from countries you can’t ship to.

We would be more than happy to pay additional fees for ability to, well, receive something :slight_smile: People from USA, Canada and most of EU don’t imagine what it is like to work with Paypal in the rest of the world (for example support ticket for blocked account just now took 3 weeks to receive an automated answer from paypal, no one looked into the problem, and we are facing risk of completely loosing money for a bunch of orders our customers already received - if human support won’t eventually look into this, it will be the case)

2 Likes

Please let me know your preferred provider on this discussion (click on the link to reply in that thread):

Paypal has removed the option to disable currency conversion by default. But it is still possible. Paypal exchange rate is the default option, but if you click the blue “More exchange rate options.” you see this screen, which again defaults to PayPal’s exchange rate which has a markup of 3.5% but buyer can choose to have conversion done by credit card.

But it would be much easier if sellers can choose their preferred currency so to avoid any conversion fees. Or at least have an EUR option.

Maybe also 2co (2 checkout) could be an option for payout?

What is current status of adding alternative methods? Paypal has just blocked the only middleman service we could use in our country - so no idea how we’ll get money for orders we already sent, and can’t continue selling unless some alternative is available

Hi - has there been any update on this? it seems like a whole load of posts from january have vanished from this thread including what I had written. I asked if it would be possible to use transferwise? i have suspended my tindie store until i can use something other than paypal - at present (including a 3% USD-USD transfer flat fee for UK paypal accounts) they would take more than tindie do for my sales.

1 Like

There is: https://twitter.com/asiwatch/status/1367636441128263686

4 Likes

Please Tindie, please, include some options for disbursement! Currently we’re charged for a payment fee by you (and I’m fine with that, since you’re taking care of it), but then there’s an additional, unexpected and often higher currency-conversion fee from Paypal when we try to deposit our earnings to our non-US bank account, or even when trying to spend that directly from Paypal for non-USD purchases. This fee is really unnecessary, since neither we sellers nor you Tindie benefit from it.

Viable options could be, for example:

1. Give us the option to select something other than Paypal for disbursement, like Wise or direct bank deposit (as Reverb.com does, for example, via Adyen). You said you were already working with Wise, what’s the progress on that? Is there an ETA?

2. Let us choose the currency for disbursement, so you can do the currency-conversion upstream, using the real actual exchange rates, and send our earnings on Paypal in a currency we can directly spend or deposit without additional fees.

3. List our products in the currency we choose, so we can list items in EUR (for example) if our main target is the EU market, and get disbursement in the same currency of purchases (this looks objectively harder to implement and probably confusing for buyers, but again, this is something that Reverb.com does).

:pleading_face: :pray:

4 Likes

Hi @joeSeggiola,

Unfortunately, (this is the same response as for EU tax handling) any changes that involve the accounting department have been put on hold because of the Siemens acquisition of Supplyframe. The integration process is about to start, but I don’t have any timeline on when Tindie will be reviewed.

I know it’s frustrating. Thanks for your patience. As soon as we can make these live we will email all Tindie sellers and announce it on social media channels as well as here.

1 Like

Hi @jasminebrackett

Any update? I’m holding off becoming a seller until the PayPal alternative is available (Wise is good). But as I’m not a seller I won’t receive the email announcement. Is there a way I can receive an announcement when the Wise integration is live? Thanks

2 Likes

Please email hello@tindie.com to let us know that you’d like to be notified when we have an alternative to Paypal disbursements. We can add you to the list. Thanks!

1 Like

I have provided Supplyframe (Siemens) with information about where our sellers are located, and domestic and international order numbers and sales figures for each region. This is so they can review our payments and tax obligations. I’m waiting for their recommendations so that we can implement them. I still don’t have a timeline.

1 Like

the best Alternative to PayPal is Payoneer, and In terms of payment, stripe is an option too

Thanks for your post andybhai,

We appreciate the feedback. There are no current plans to offer alternatives to PayPal but I’ll absolutely make note of your suggestions and share your suggestion with my team for further discussion.

Thanks,

Stripe can be a good alternative to PayPal.

still no paypal alternative system? this is so sad. Paypal is banned in my country, so I can’t sell on tindie. Is there any progress on the payment system? Wise or payoneer can be good alternative. Please do something anymore

1 Like