Watch List - do customers get a second email?

Say you have an item that goes in and out of stock. So you’re out of stock at the moment, and you get a customer that “watches” the item. You put a few in the store, and it sells out before they visit again. They eventually log in, only to see it’s still sold out, yet again. A week later you put more in the store.

Question #1: Does Tindie send them a second email when it’s back in stock the second, third time? Or is it only one email per “watch”?

I have someone that wants to buy 10 of my item, so I’d hate to miss that sale!

Question #2: Can I communicate with that person. Or in special cases can I ask tindie for their email to communicate with them if I promise to keep sales on tindie?

Good questions -

1. Yep! We do contact them more than once. If you are on the waiting list, you are on there until you purchase or remove yourself. The problem we found was many times products would sell out before everyone on the waiting list could purchase them. So that is why we will email a list multiple times.

2. You can through the private messaging.

That’s perfect. But I could not see the user name of who is on the watch list. Where do I find that person’s info?

We don’t disclose that information to the sellers…