Product never shipped

Hello, I bought a product on May 8 (AirPi Kit 1.4 Raspberry Pi weather station). The order is still unshipped and now the person I bought it from (tmhrtly) completely stopped responding. What kind of legal actions can I take?

Thanks,

Bennie

While it’s unlikely anybody is going to give you legal advice here there may be things you can do depending on how you would answer a couple questions.

First, did they mark the item as shipped and enter a tracking number? The seller doesn’t get paid until the item is marked as shipped. I’m not sure how to process an order cancellation, but that option might work for you.

Second, did you pay with PayPal? PayPal has a resolution system that might also be a good option.

Finally, check to make sure your contact information is up-to-date. There is a chance that the seller has tried to contact you but is unable due to incorrect contact info. It’s not common, but I’ve experienced this on other sites.

I’ve been doing online order fulfillment for years, and the biggest thing I’ve learned is to always answer order inquiry’s QUICKLY! Just acknowledging a buyer’s concern can make solving problems very easy. I’m sorry your seller has gone silent on you. Good luck resolving this very frustrating situation.

Hi again,

I just took a look at the item you ordered and it seems the seller is willing to cancel orders. Try contacting Emile with your concern and be sure to provide your order number. Emile is very, very responsive and I’m betting that he will be more than willing to help you. Good Luck!

Hi Bennie,

I’m very sorry about this and I just sent you an email with some follow up details. Your order is on it’s way, and please don’t hesitate to email support@tindie.com (that goes to the Tindie team and we answer all questions within 24 hours) if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this. Tom (the seller) ran into some issues but that is no excuse for not responding.

This topic is now invisible. It will no longer be displayed in any topic lists. The only way to access this topic is via direct link.

This topic is now visible. It will be displayed in topic lists.