Paypal fees, payment processing, and tindie fees?

I’m trying to decide between opening my own online store versus selling on tindie. Tindie certainly looks easier, and I only have the one project now so adding it to an existing marketplace would definitely give it more exposure. It’s a bit unclear regarding the fee structure though.

• 5% for tindie processing fee
  • 2-3% + $0.30 payment processing fee
  • 2.9% + $0.30 paypal fee for disbursement?

My question is if there’s a paypal fee for receiving the disbursement after the payment processing fee. Is there a double hit, or is paypal the payment processing entity and therefore only one of those two is paid?

Good questions (and agreed that is our value add).

There actually isn’t any fee for disbursement - we cover that. There is only the first fee on initial payment by the customer.

Let me know if we can answer any other questions, welcome!

That’s awesome thanks! It makes sense to do it that way, but I wanted to make sure.

When I first had the idea that I was going to try to sell some of my design, I thought it would be a great way to bring in some cash to help advance the project. I estimated a price point, then started working backwards. Incorporation, self-employment tax, monthly banking fees, SSL certificate, shop fees, merchant account fees, domain registration, and possibly needing an accountant at tax time and that’s before I even get to make anything! Looks like tindie can help cut out some of the complexity that’s driving me mad.

1 Like