IoT & X10© & HomePlug© & PLC©

Sure it’s not easy to find at a reasonable price, because that is patented and not interested. I have understood they (wikipedia) are very common in Japan …

The technologies are those of the header, but the idea is to get it to a much lower and affordable rates.

Need: Power on / off an apparatus connected to the grid home, with a call from a “micro” also connected to the local network. I imagine a kind of plug, with a “relay” integrated, you need to demolar signal would pump off and on the “micro” connected to the network.

That said, this is the basis for home automation at home, instead of using wifi, zigbee, RF … leverage we have the device connected to the network to transmit with these technologies but more “slow” …

PD: Sorry my automatic translate :wink:

Hola, ¿te puedo responder en español?
Ramón

si claro que puedes responder en español… incluso estaba preparando algun dibujo que ayudara a la comprension de lo que yo buscaba… si la discusion termina por ser interesante, la traducimos…

Indicar que se me olvido comentar X10, ¿el padre de todas las demas? como una opcion ya inventada…

Translated: yeah sure you can answer in Spanish … I was even preparing some drawing to assist the understanding of what I wanted … if the discussion ends up being interesting, translate it …

Report comment X10 I forgot, is the father of all others? as an option already invented …

This is the scheme … a simple idea to save on electricity when possible …

Hola, es que mi inglés es bastante pobre.
Veamos, sobre PLC, yo hace muchos años que uso unos aparatos X10 en mi casa con resultados bastante buenos, pero la fiabilidad es relativa y a veces te deja colgado. Por otro lado ya son bastante económicos como para inventar otra cosa.

Respecto a la cuestión del precio variable de la electricidad (deduzco que estás en España…), tengo un sistema que permite aplicar reglas para el encendido y apagado de equipos en función diversos eventos, uno de los cuales puede ser el precio. La idea es leer el precio que ya sabes que se puede obtener de varias sitios y aplicar estas reglas para apagar equipos cuando se supere un precio determinado o encenderlo cuando baje de un valor.

La versión publicada del firmware no incluye esta función, pero lo hará la próxima versión.

Se trata de este aparato: https://www.tindie.com/products/ramonlh/universal-web-controller-board/

Saludos,
Ramón

Semi-atuomatic translate:

Hey, is that my English is quite poor.

Now, on PLC, many years ago I use a X10 devices in my house with pretty good results, but the reliability is relative and sometimes leaves you hanging. On the other hand they are cheap enough to invent something else.

On the question of the variable cost of electricity (I gather that you are in Spain …), I have a system that allows implementing rules for the equipment on and off depending on different events, one of which may be the price. The idea is to read the price that you know that you can get from various sites to apply these rules to turn off equipment when it they exceed a certain price or turn it on when it drops to a value.

The published version of the firmware does not include this feature, but will the next version.

It is this device: https://www.tindie.com/products/ramonlh/universal-web-controller-board/1

regards,
Ramón

Bueno, como era de preveer la conversacion se torna “interesante”… la primera pregunta para ti, y todos los que anden leyendo este hilo es:

1º ¿cual es la manera mas barata de comunicar informacion entre 2 puntos, con el requisito de que los datos son pocos y tienes encufes cerca?
¿PLC con X10 por ejemplo o radiofrecuencia 433Mhz?

2º Si, soy de españa y no se si sucedera igual en algun otro pais, ¿alguien puede decirnos?, pero la idea es poder usar ciertos aparatos cuando el precio de la electricidad sea barato: dependiendo del dia… pudede variar 0.05 euros el kw/h, por tanto, en 1 año… rondaria los 15 euros de ahorro… ideal por ejemplo para
el lavavajillas… y si juntamos el enchufe cliente (conectado al servidor inteligente) con una bateria lo mismo tambien podemos usarlo con el frigorifico.

La idea es ganar la batalla a las electricas… tu placa es bastante interesante… y voy a evaluarla (solo tengo arduinos mas antiguos… y no tengo los modulos de radiofrecuencia) pero si les he echado un vistazo a los enchufes de radiofrecuencia del leroy merlin. Uno de 3000w vale 20 euros, mas tu placa y un arduino rondara los 50 euros, mas los modulos de radio frecuencia por 5 euros… tendriamos un sistema con 2 enchufes por unos 100 euros…

Si necesitas ayuda para el desarrollo de la nueva feature (especialmente en la parte web), o sugerencias para su implementacion, me ofrezco como voluntario para ayudar.

3º ¿Por ultimo, son mas fiables las transmisiones por radiofrecuencia o por X10?

Well, as I was to foresee the conversation becomes “interesting”… the first question for you, and all who walk by reading this thread is:

1º what is the cheapest way to communicate information between 2 points, with the requirement that the data are few and plugs near you?
X10 PLC ? Eg 433Mhz or radio ?

2º Yes, I am from Spain and if you happen not just in some other country, can anyone tell me, but the idea is to use certain appliances when the electricity price is cheap: depending on the day… its vary 0.05 euros kw/h, therefore at 1 year would be around 15 euros saving… Ideal for example for the dishwasher… and if we put the client plug (connected to the smart server) with a battery, also we can use the fridge.

The idea is to win the battle to the electrical company… your board is quite interesting… and I’ll evaluate (I only have Arduinos oldest… and I have no RF modules) but if you 've missed out the radiofrequency plugs leroy merlin . One 3000w worth 20 euros, but your arduino board and hanging about 50 euros , but the radio frequency module for 5 euros … we would have a system with 2 outlets for about 100 euros …

If you need help for the development of the new feature (special in web part), or suggestions for its implementation, I volunteer to help.

Why 3rd last, are more reliable radio transmissions or X10?

Hola “accreativos”,
No es sólo cuestión de cuál es la forma más barata, hay que tener en cuenta también otros aspectos. Por ejemplo, X10 no es bidireccional, tú envías la orden y no sabes si ha llegado al receptor (ignoro si ahora existen equipos bidireccionales X10). La frecuencia de 433,92 Mhz se usa habitualmente para dispositivos domésticos no críticos, como termostatos, luces, etc.

En mi placa yo he optado por usar radios de 2,4 Ghz, con bidireccionalidad, es decir envías la orden o el estado y sabes si ha llegado al destino. Las radios de 2,4 Ghz de 0dbm son baratas, pero su alcance es limitado: unos 10 metros en interiores, en la práctica de una habitación a otra y no más, aunque la implementación que he hecho, está basada en la librería RF24Network (https://github.com/maniacbug/RF24Network) de James Coliz, que permite crear una red en árbol para extender el alcance.

También he incluido radios de 433 Mhz para dar compatibilidad con dispositivos económicos que pueden encontrarse en el mercado, como D-IO, Chacon y otros.

Al precio actual de las radios, parece que esta sería la opción preferida, al menos la mía.

Efectivamente, una de las funciones del desarrollo es aplicar algún tipo de lógica que permita utilizar las horas en que la electricidad es más económica, o, al menos, limitar el uso de los equipos que más consumen en las horas de mayor coste. Que yo sepa, este tipo de tarifa horaria sólo existe en España: sólo aquí disponemos de las mentes lúcidas que puedan parir este engendro. Me falta por desarrollar la parte que lee los datos de precios horarios, que están disponible a diario a partir de la última hora de la tarde y enlazarlo con la parte de programación de eventos.

Sobre si es más fiable la RF o los sistemas PLC…depende: de que frecuencias, que PLC, el entorno,…

El siguiente paso en el desarrollo es la utilización de AJAX en la web para mejorar el refresco de las páginas.

Por otra parte, el desarrollo está bastante maduro, además del prototipo al que puede accederse aquí http://elconucom.zapto.org:82, tengo otra placa funcionando hace meses en mi casa.

Saludos,
Ramón

Hello “accreativos”

It is just a matter of what is the cheapest way , other aspects must be taken into account. For example, X10 is not bidirectional, you send the order and do not know if it reached the receiver (do not know if there are now two-way X10 devices). The frequency 433.92 MHz is commonly used for non-critical household devices such as thermostats, lights, etc…

In my board I have chosen to use 2.4 Ghz radios with bidirectional, ie. send the order or state and you know if you have reached your destination. Radios 2.4 Ghz 0dbm are cheap, but its scope is limited: about 10 meters indoors in the practice room to room and no more, but the implementation I’ve done, is based on the RF24Network Seller (https://github.com/maniacbug/RF24Network) James Coliz, which creates a tree network to extend the range.

I have also included 433 Mhz radios to give economic support devices that are available on the market, such as D -IO, Chacon and others.

At the current price of the radio , it seems that this would be the preferred option, at least mine.

Indeed, one of the functions of the development is to apply some kind of logic to use the hours when electricity is cheaper , or at least limit the use of equipment that consume more hours in higher cost . To my knowledge, this kind of hourly rate exists only in Spain: only here we have the brilliant minds that can give birth this monstrosity. I need to develop the part that reads the data from time prices, which are available daily from late afternoon and bind with the programming part of events.

Whether it is more reliable RF or PLC systems … depends : that frequencies, PLC , environment, …

The next step in development is the use of AJAX to improve the web page refresh .

Moreover, the development is quite mature, in addition to the prototype which can be accessed here http://elconucom.zapto.org:82, other board I have running in my house for months .

regards,
Ramón

Mira, nunca te acostaras sin saber nada nuevo, lo de la bidireccionalidad no lo sabia…

¿Esto lo consigues (lo de extender el alcance, creando una red en arbol) con el otro producto que tienes? https://www.tindie.com/products/ramonlh/remote-module-for-conuco-server/

Ya que estamos aprendiendo… las radios de 433 Mhz ¿llegam mas lejos que las de 2.4Ghz?

Jeje, en España siempre hemos sido buenos inventores :smiley:

Lo dicho, si necesitas una ayuda (desinteresada) contacta por privado…

Voy a seguir investigando, y aprendiendo… porque otras cosa que le veia “buena” al X10 era que ya tenias la alimentacion junta… pero visto tus comentarios, parece mas “practico” tirar por el radio… y como ya venden enchufes “controlables” por radio… parece que parte del asunto original (lo del precio) ya esta desarrollado y no hay hueco para inventar nada nuevo, simplemente el mecanismo de control mas o menos inteligente… lo que pasa es que como todo lo bueno, cuesta, hubiera estado bien tener ese “enchufe inteligente” por unos 25/30 euros… que darian sentido al ahorro esperado en un par de años… pero no parece ser tan facil.

Bueno, si nadie añade algo mas, damos por cerrado el tema.

Gracias.

— Semi-atuomatic translate ----------------------------------------------------------------

Never go to sleep without having learned something new, bidirectionality of X10 what I did not know …

Is this what you get (what extend the reach, creating a network tree) with another product you have? https://www.tindie.com/products/ramonlh/remote-module-for-conuco-server/

Since we are learning … 433 Mhz radios do they get farther than the 2.4Ghz?

Jeje,  in Spain we have always been good inventors :smiley:

That said, if you need assistance (disinterested) contacts for private …

I will continue researching and learning … that other thing that looked “good” the X10 was that you already had the board been feeding … but your comments seem more “Hands” pull on the radio … and as sold as “controllable” radio plugs … think of the original subject (what price) is already developed and there is no room to invent anything new, just the mechanism more or less intelligent control … what happens is that like all good gradient would have been nice to have that “smart plug” for about 25/30 euros … that would give meaning to the expected savings in a couple of years … but there seems to be so easy.

Well, if no one adds something more, we closed the topic.

Thank you.