Delay emails sent by tindie to buyers asking for reviews

I’m sure I’m not the only seller that is effected by all the postage delays we are experiencing right now.
I would ask if Tindie could delay the, Please review your item, email that goes out to all customers, just by two weeks that way most orders should have arrived.

2 Likes

Same here. It’s harming our business and scares away new customers.

Two in a row writing one star reviews “I have not received the item”. Tracking shows it turned up already or it was delivered 2 days later. They don’t seem to be prepared/bothered to change the review. Even after asking politely several times.

@tindie

@TindieTeam hasn’t posted since April 14th. I think it’s pretty safe to assume the platform and support is dead or dying at this point. I will say: hello@tindie.com has been responsive to processing customer refunds.

I’ve seen nothing but years of promises to make improvements with little to no action so I think it’s time to stop trying to fight things here and get out.

How is the review process working anyways?

It seems as if people are not encouraged to first try to contact the platform and seller instead and are writing a review without allowing the seller to fix issues or answer questions. ‘reviews’ like “it’s not working” and “I haven’t received it” look really bad on the review page and make no sense. I emailed several of those customers but they’re mostly not responding so I can’t help them.

It is very damaging to the store and is not in the interest of the seller or the platform.

I haven’t had any issues with that, but I might be lucky. I have used the reply functionality to answer questions and suggestions in the reviews though, I guess you can use that?

Yes sure, I did that, but that’s a tad too late.
I don’t know if they get an email when they get a response on the reply.

It should be encouraged to contact the seller first.

(I guess I’m unlucky as I’m targeting a group that’s usually not a DIY enthousiast and sometimes need some extra help to get things working).

1 Like

Hey,

Yes, sorry we haven’t been keeping up on the forum posts. We’ll try to better from now on. hello@tindie.com will always get you the fastest response. The platform is not dead, but we are a small team with one developer, so things do take some time.

Ok, back to review request emails we’ve delayed them going out by a couple of weeks.

This is an example of the email we send out:

Thanks

1 Like

Ah, lovely thank you for that, it should help :slight_smile: