Chrome photo gallery bug

When a product page is loading, all of the images for the listing will appear in the row of thumbnails, but the last thumbnail will disappear once the page is finished loading. I’ve looked at product pages in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer on different computers and it looks like it’s only affecting Chrome.

I wanted to alert other sellers in case their last photo holds important information. I’m currently advising people to use another browser to view the images, via store message banner.

I’ve already contacted Tindie support/Amber. I figure they’re out of the office for the long weekend in the US though. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Gif of a page refresh right now in Chrome…

I noticed this too…

Sorry for the delay, I am looking into it. That is super weird.

Interesting - Which version of Chrome? Also what OS?

Windows 8.1: Chrome 43.0.2357.81
Android: Chrome Beta 43.0.2357.78

The disappearing thumbnail happens on both the desktop and mobile Chrome browsers. It’s also worth noting that the scrolling buttons show up all the time in Chrome, even when they’re not needed. Maybe something weird in the pagination code?

I tested in Firefox and IE on Windows 8, and Firefox on Android and a Linux machine and didn’t have any problems in those browsers.

To just make sure I have the right info -

Bug Appears:

Windows 8.1: Chrome 43.0.2357.81
Android: Chrome Beta 43.0.2357.78

Bug doesn’t Appear:

Widows 8: Firefox / IE
Android: Firefox
Linux: Firefox
Mac: Chrome, Firefox, Safari (my testing)

What is the URL for that product that you were able to reproduce the issue on?

The Firefox/IE on Windows is also 8.1, if that makes any difference. The rest is correct.

This is happening on every product listing.

Got it - well I need to do a clean install of my comp tonight. Time to do a fresh install of Windows 8 as well…

#DiggingIntoIt

Also happens with

Windows 7
Chrome Version 43.0.2357.81

Finally was able to recreate it - it’s a bug that seems to only appear in Chrome 43. In Chrome 44, it is fixed. I run a beta version of 44 and couldn’t see it. Once I installed 43, it showed up. For the time being, I’m going to leave it be as it will get resolved as 44 is pushed out. If it isn’t resolved when 44 goes live, then we’ll do something. Tricky one