Can customer reviews be changed?

A customer ordered one of my products and was sent a link to download instructions and user guide (pdf) the very same day the order was placed and shipped.

The customer did not even bother to read the email here on Tindie and left a negative review, stating that no instructions were sent.

Can the customer edit the negative review?

Also,

It is impossible to contact the customer in “MY Messages” on Tindie.
Why is this? Seems like Tindie is making it unnecessarily difficult for sellers.

Hello,

Thanks for your post. I’m sorry to hear about the trouble.

Customer’s are able to update or remove reviews at a later date.

In regards to messaging, it is not possible to message buyers directly through “My Messages”, but an email is provided on the order that you can use to contact them.

Many buyers checkout without registering or logging in, so we provide an email as opposed to a direct messaging option to help make sure the message gets to them.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to message us at hello@tindie.com

Best,
Tindie Team

@TindieTeam I’m sure you’ve noticed but many customers use fake e-mails or catch all spam e-mail addresses and therefore they never see messages from the sellers. I had a customers today e-mail us to get their tracking number after I had already sent it to the e-mail on file. It sure would be nice to be able to update orders after clicking shipped. I’d like to be able to add notes or update the tracking number. I understand the guest checkout problem you’re facing. Maybe using an API e-mail verification service to try and ensure e-mail addresses are legit would help. Something like zerobounce.

2 Likes

Hi,

We’ve just added improved email verification for new buyers, and for the most part, we can see that order notifications are opened. We hope to roll out notes and tracking updates as part of the order status and shipping integration projects we’re working on.

In the meantime, you can always contact us to get a tracking number updated on Tindie.

Thanks!

I have a review which I’d like to change - the seller was extremely responsive to my request - but I can’t figure out how.
Can you explain how I can edit my review?