Weight Based Shipping

Hi,

Recently I’ve moved my website from Shopify to Squarespace to focus more on the products at the disadvantage of not being able to accept paypal payments (while I’ve not actually seen a decrease).

As of this I’ve now started to add the rest of my store to Tindie to have it as the place to order using Paypal.

I was wondering if you guys could add in weight bands instead of flat rate?

The main issue being that it heavily depends on weight as per the cost of shipping. If the order is under 100 Grams it will always be the same price etc.

Attached is an example of the system that square space has, Shopify also offered it but required each country to be separately added rather than an UK. EU, US and Rest of the world mode offered by Tindie & Squarespace.

Tindie used to have shipping calculated along these lines, but dumped it in favor of the First item + extra items shipping rate calculation. I doubt it’s coming back. You should be able to get a good approximation of your actual shipping costs with the current system, though.

Its actually very hard because a lot of stuff depends on weight & size in the UK with a not easy difference between the items. I can ship out 3-4 boards of one time for the same price and then an increase to 5 could add on £2 cost.

Your fees don’t have to be a 100% accurate reflection of your costs. Simply calculate the average incremental cost - I do this by getting prices for 1 unit and 10 units - and set that as your per-item extra.