Stock report feature for Options

Hi Tindie!

In my store I have got multiple products, and within most products I have several options - and I often use the stock quantity within the options as a way of setting customer expectations.

However, some of the parts I use to make up an option in Product A might also be used in an option in Product B. If I then sell a lot of Product A, the stock is deducted for that product, but not for Product B.

The only sensible way around this (other than an overly complex stock inventory system for every single component) is for me to manually adjust the stock levels to make sure I don’t ‘sell out’ when I have stock, or worse, sell stock I don’t have. I am fine with doing this - although it can be a pain going in to every product and option.

Would it be possible to have a button that produce a report showing not only the product stock (as on the Products page), but also all the options? And maybe with the option to change them there instead of going in to each product/option individually?

Thanks

semach.the.monkey

Hello Semach.the.monkey,

This does sound like it would make life a lot easier. I’ll see what we can do.

Thanks for suggesting it.

Here’s a variation of this problem (or perhaps it’s the same?):

I have two preamps, with a power supply and a back panel as options. The power supply and back panel are usable in themselves, so they are offered as separate products as well.

It would really be useful if I could add existing products as options to another product. As it is now, I need to manually adjust three different products and setting fictive stock numbers to be able to serve customers.

I think that may be a little tricky to implement in the current system, but I’ll speak with the devs about it.

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

+1 for the feature request to be able to add existing products as options to another product.

I see that there has been no activity on this thread since - any hopes of getting this feature implemented?