Shipping From US

Currently I am only shipping inside the US but have interest from the UK and Thailand. My kit costs $8.00 and shipping to the UK is $13 with a tracking number through the USPS. Has anyone found any cheaper shipping options for shipping from the US?

Tracked is always pretty high. If you use First Class International to the UK, it will probably be tracked all the way. However, I think it will stop at the US border when you ship to Thailand (as it does with most countries).

We use https://www.17track.net/en to see the tracking info as it usually shows both USPS and info for the destination country.

You can also send untracked or International first class, but build-in an extra margin to the international shipping cost in case of postal losses. Some countries/cities are more reliable than others for untracked mail.

Thanks Jasmine. Doesn’t have to be tracked. Any cheaper options besides USPS at $13? Anyone ship UPS or DHL?

USPS prices have gone up recently for international to $14. I used to offer “large envelope” “untracked or International first class” at $3ish for small items but the USPS has been making it difficult to do that, especially online.

I recently changed some European shipping rates offered to $14 (the USPS rate) for first item and then free shipping for additional items. This hopefully has the effect of encouraging customers to do their own economies by buying a bit more. If they buy a lot more because of this incentive, I just cover the shipping since I have a larger order that covers overheads.

I have looked at UPS and they are much more expensive.

1 Like

It is kind of a joke. I just got my order canceled as “possibly fraudulent and has suspended the order.”.
The support here then told me it is because I wanted to use a mail forwarding service in the US.
I use that service on a regular basis to combine multiple shipments in a trackable Fedex shipment.

Not only would that save me the hassle of dealing with import taxes (Fedex would deal with that), but it would also lower my shipment costs as I would get it as part of a larger shipment.