Shipping: "all countries except..."

Hi, I’m based in Taiwan, and according to the local export regulations there are a handful of countries (14 at the moment), where I’m not allowed to ship to.

If I want to exclude those countries from shipping, I’d need to set up single shipping rule for each of the rest (or almost, could get around by EU, Non-EU Europe, and then single countries each, still more than 100).

Would it be possible to have rules that either:

• multiselect in countries, so can choose all applicable in a single dropdown, or
  • have a negative select, similar to the “allow/deny” type of configuration of a lot of computer rules: e.g. "Ship to: everywhere, Except: Afganistan, Congo, Cuba, Iran… "

Thanks a lot!
Greg

1 Like

@imregh thanks for the heads up. An easier solution may be to just put a shipping rate for all and refund those you can’t ship to.

Most likely, we can’t accept payment from those countries so it won’t be an issue…

As a workaround, you could also create implausibly high shipping rates for those 14 countries.

Emile, can you confirm that arachnidlabs idea would work? I have actually ran into this one time. Shipping from the USA to Crimea, Ukraine is not allowed at this time. If I created one shipping for All and then another just for Crimea with an insane price would the customer only see the option for Crimea?

@ubldit we currently don’t have a way to differentiate between Ukraine & Crimea - so in this case that wouldn’t work :confused:

Another vote for a way for sellers to blacklist certain countries.

I probably shipped two dozen packages all over Europe without any issue. But as feared, the first one sent to Germany is giving me gripes with their customs going by the CE rule book.

another vote by me too

You are not alone with issues shipping to Germany. I now have 3 customers who have been waiting nearly 45 days for their items in Germany. I paid the extra shipping charge for another customer to guarantee they got it in 5 Days. They are still waiting on it after 10 days. I have several hundred dollars worth of items in limbo now and don’t really know what to do about it. Re-shipping is not an option since I fear it will just get stuck again. I hear that their post office was on strike for at least part of that time. We ship all over the world and Germany is the only country we have problems with.