Selling to certain regions/countries only

Hello!

I would like to ask if it is possible to sell a product on Tindie only to specific countries or regions? Similarly as this can be done for example on eBay, where some sellers do not ship to certain countries.

I realize that Tindie’s selling guide suggests creating shipping rates for the US, EU and Everywhere else so as “to ensure that everyone who wants to buy your products can”. So basically the entire world. However, getting required regulatory approvals for selling electronic devices all around the world is very costly. Testing and matching certificates for CE and FCC alone are already quite expensive when starting out fresh with a product. If one includes Japan, Canada and other countries the costs may quickly become much too high. Limiting the market to only one or a few regions or countries therefore becomes more or less a necessity. At least in my case.

So, when listing a product on Tindie, is it possible to only sell it in EU for example? Or only in the US?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Best!

p.s.: I have not yet put up a listing for any products on Tindie so it is quite possible that my question would have been answered in the process of listing one. If this is the case, I apologize for the bother.

Thanks for the question. You are able to customize your shipping options to whichever counties you choose. You can do US and EU only if you like and then add other countries individually if you like. There are lots of options when you get to that point in creating your product listing. I also created a help article that has some screenshots if that helps: https://tindie.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204270597-How-do-I-create-a-shipping-rate-

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Amber