Sellers and Vacation

We were discussing sellers on vacation in multiple threads 6 months ago. What’s the current state of this matter? How to handle a situation of not being able to ship orders for two weeks? I still want to take orders though.

taking holidays is forbidden on tindie :wink:

on a more serious note… no follow up from the team? :confused:

This just isn’t a priority atm…

Isn’t just a huge message at the top of the post sufficient? Or, raise the price by $1000? But I too would like to see this implemented some day.

1 Like

@redrocketlabs thanks for your post. We haven’t seen any issues from the message. I understand its a lite version of this, but it has done the trick so far.

@redrocketlabs @emilepetrone You obviously don’t understand the problem. I don’t wan to prevent customers from buying from me while I’m on vacation. I want to prevent Tindie from canceling my orders if not shipped withing 14 days. I can certainly set a store message that I’m on vacation and will ship in three weeks and customers that don’t mind to wait will place orders, but they will get cancelled after two weeks.

+1 for vacation, because even if the message is enough for customer, it will seriously increase the “generally shipped within x days”. I always ship in one day, and will be on vacation 21 days in august, imagine how my ship average can be impacted just because I’m on vacation ? New customers don’t know that and can think shipping in 5 days is not a good seller even if you always ship in 1 day except when you’re on vacation !!!

And here we go, I’ve put a message on my store saying I’m on vacation until August 21th but a customer ordered 70$ item and what will happen, order will be cancelled in 14 days.
I stil don’t understand why this basic feature (there is so much good ones on Tindie) is missing and not in top priorities

Hopefully Crowdsupply will listen to us…

Apologies for the delay. We have been busy with the acquisition but now that it is done, this is one of the things we are focused on for the next 90 days.

I was at SupplyFrame yesterday to plan out the next 90 days, and this is on that list. There are many other seller features we’ll announce as well but I’ll spill the beans on this one…

Thanks Emile, this is a great news.
By the way how can I extend my delay for sending item to customer without needing to wait for 14 days cancelled order ? Then write them personnal email to ask to order again ?

Emile,
I created a ticket for this issue on my site https://tindie.zendesk.com/hc/requests/1382

Hi Hallard,

I responded to your ticket!