Num in Stock / Options count

I have a product that comes as a kit but with two PCB variations. There is a “Num in stock” on the product page, and also a “# in stock” on the option page for each option. When the num in stock on the first page drops to 0 it shows the product as “out of stock”. Shouldn’t the product “num in stock” be calculated as either the lower or higher of the count of options in stock? It seems like if either of these numbers goes to 0, nobody can buy the product.

Maybe I am not using the “in stock” numbers correctly?

Good question - the idea was the main product is the # in stock of the main product. The # in stock on the option are for any accessories/versions. Let me give you an example:

A listing is for 10 widgets. The num in stock for the product is 10.

However some come with cases, and there are 5 cases in stock. So the # in stock on the option would be 5.

Each option includes the main product and that is where we determine if a product is or isn’t sold out. Make a bit more sense?

Emile

I think I understand, the options are addons to the main product. I was using them more like variants. I’ll admit my stock is a little strange in that I have 10 widgets, and I can make 10 one way or the other way, and only if I have the part that makes each one unique. Luckily my volume is under one or so sold per day so keeping stock up to date isn’t too hard.

Thanks for the info!