Lost Packages from the USA

We have been shipping TrueRNGs since April of this year and 7% of our packages have been lost during shipping. We have tried changing our packaging to make them larger and harder to lose and we have tried shipping with Priority and even Registered mail.

At least 5 of these packages were sent to Germany. So I wanted to ask all the sellers; Have you had issues shipping from the USA via USPS to another country. If so have you noticed that one particular country seems to lose packages more than others?

Also, have you found a solution to ensure packages get to their destinations?

If anyone wants to start a company to overhaul international shipping, I’m all for it. From our side, dealing with customs is usually the main cause of lost/delayed packages. Italy is notoriously slow.

One idea we are thinking about is providing Tindie fulfillment through UPS. That way we can get bulk discounts, tracking, and avoid most of the hassles with customers/USPS.

I’ve had one lost package to anywhere in the last year - all shipped via USPS, all with Endicia postage. No problems whatsoever. All of my packages have tracking.