I made a shipping label maker web app just for fun, feel free to use it

Hello everyone.

I’m new to Tindie but not to shipping, I’ve been using stamps.com and other shipping services and one day I just felt like making my own while I was bored and to add it to my resume. So here it is http://shippinglabelmaker.com/

It only supports USPS at the moment and requires that postage be paid with stamps or at the post office. I’m now working on a phone app version which will have Tindie API integration and other cool features like adding your store’s logo, and a message on the label.

Let me know if the phone app is something you would be interested in, the more interest I see the more time I’ll put in, I like to make stuff people find useful.

1 Like

A concern of mine with using a third-party label maker like this is the dissemination of private user information.
What is to prevent you or someone else using customer information in the wrong way? As you know, private information is stolen daily and is a big privacy issue.
What security can you provide?
Why would I not use the Stamps.com label utility, since I am already paying on stamps.com?

Hi,

thanks for the questions:

What is to prevent you or someone else using customer information in the wrong way? As you know, private information is stolen daily and is a big privacy issue.
What security can you provide?

I don’t have any type of security proof I can provide to you, at the stage this web app is in it’s not in my near future plans either. I could apply to the USPS to become an official provider but I don’t plan to do that until I get more users. The closest thing to a security proof I can provide is that the USPS requires that every website that uses their API be registered, so they have all my personal information if you ever wanted to submit a complaint.

Also the only thing the app requires is the address, the postage is not paid so I don’t require a credit card. It’s really easy to steal addresses these days, I wouldn’t need an app to do that.

Why would I not use the Stamps.com label utility, since I am already paying on stamps.com?

I’m actually a stamps.com customer myself. I made this web app out of curiosity and to add it to my resume really, I plan to make a mobile app as well and add many features. At the moment yes Stamps.com is better than my app, in the future I will probably also charge a monthly fee when I have more features. The plan is to make it better than stamps.com, charge less, and not lock you into a particular label supplier.

1 Like