New Category Layout - "New" Tab removed?

Spiffy new layout. I really like it. My only problem is where did the “New” tab move too? That was my go to tab for keeping up with what products had been recently released.

1 Like

Thanks!

Thats the one part that super users won’t like… we removed it.

However there are still ways to find them. The Tindie feed which will showcase new products. They are also promoted in our Twitter feed too.

https://www.tindie.com/feed/

http://www.twitter.com/tindie/

Okay… I’m a little perplexed as to how this is a benefit? Products don’t have a “release date” listed so one doesn’t know if it is a old or new product. Called me old school but I’ve never been interested in becoming part of the Twitter scene. It’s just not for me.

On a lighter note, its okay if you admit that Tindie is embarrassed for having the first open source dildo and removed the new product feed to hide it. :smile:

2 Likes

Lol! That definitely didn’t impact the decision :smile:

We are trying to make Tindie easy to use for the vast majority who are casual observers. If you look at Kickstarter or Etsy, neither have a Newest page. At a certain point, we have to move to please the masses over the minority. The extremely tough part about this is that the minority are also superusers. It’s a fine balance as you’d imagine.

I miss the newest category too, why don’t you add it to the category list? It doesn’t hurt anyone. Why there are only six categories? It’s too little to cover all products.

1 Like

Poor decision to remove the ‘new’ category. I am pretty sure this will reduce my purchasing on Tindie.

1 Like

Hello there,

If you look at Kickstarter or Etsy, neither have a Newest page

kickstarter: discover->categories->Refine search:
Show me “Technology” projects on “Earth” sorted by “newest”

indiegogo: explore->"new this week"
https://www.indiegogo.com/explore?filter_quick=new

thats how I usually visit this sites to see if there is anything new for my interest.

Regards

Sorry but I also would like to see a New section.

We are bringing it back! Working on it now…

Heard you loud and clear!

1 Like

I would have never found about the open source dildo if not for the newest section :smile:

1 Like

Is there not a featured product listing anymore? Our main selling product doesn’t fit into any of those categories and I clicked on all of them. We are not on any of the front pages of any of those categories despite being on the front page of the previous featured listing nearly every day since launching our product.

The featured section is now https://www.tindie.com/browse/

That sort hasn’t been changed at all…

Thanks for pointing that out. I tried that but didn’t see us on the page yesterday. I see we are there now tho. Maybe I’m just blind. It was a long day for me.

Good decision. Thx. (now padding my post to meet IMHO a dumb requirement that posts on this forum must be at least 20 characters long. Using bacon ipsum generator:

Bacon ipsum dolor amet filet mignon brisket jerky tenderloin, turducken capicola pig ground round porchetta cow bresaola shoulder andouille shank. Spare ribs turducken tri-tip andouille. Flank shankle andouille kielbasa short ribs shoulder ribeye ham hock. Bacon frankfurter sausage alcatra. Tri-tip ball tip salami, meatloaf swine kevin tail. Leberkas jerky filet mignon, prosciutto venison rump capicola swine chicken drumstick kevin salami alcatra. Beef ribs ball tip pig meatloaf hamburger kielbasa prosciutto, doner biltong short ribs.

Drumstick kielbasa pork loin kevin, meatball spare ribs tenderloin pastrami bresaola doner. Jerky spare ribs tail hamburger, corned beef tri-tip jowl meatball porchetta rump pork chicken cow venison beef. Andouille shankle ball tip doner brisket pork. Pork belly sirloin brisket fatback shankle. Meatball landjaeger alcatra beef ribs, pig pork chop chicken pancetta hamburger tail strip steak boudin picanha.

Andouille cupim boudin brisket sirloin shoulder bacon prosciutto drumstick. Strip steak flank swine ham hock t-bone hamburger, cupim fatback pork spare ribs short ribs kevin shoulder meatball andouille. Drumstick pork loin cow filet mignon cupim pork, hamburger ribeye meatloaf capicola beef kevin ham leberkas chuck. Doner prosciutto biltong ground round jowl drumstick alcatra chuck tri-tip leberkas ham filet mignon corned beef landjaeger.

Shankle beef ribs pork belly meatloaf. Frankfurter leberkas venison bacon cow turkey meatloaf kevin boudin ham hock salami. Jowl sirloin tri-tip swine porchetta pork venison corned beef tongue ham hock strip steak meatball cupim biltong. Beef shankle shoulder pork chop pork belly cupim.

Kielbasa shoulder sausage beef, andouille leberkas beef ribs hamburger capicola frankfurter. Short loin hamburger brisket andouille capicola, strip steak kevin meatloaf biltong beef ribs pork chicken picanha pastrami. Ham tri-tip picanha, meatball pork frankfurter ball tip cow biltong turkey rump. Pastrami ham flank turducken chicken frankfurter bacon andouille corned beef short loin ball tip capicola shank turkey tri-tip. Venison tail alcatra hamburger meatloaf, prosciutto tongue shoulder.

In case there was interest in the results from the new layout: