Feature request: better analytics

So, reviewing the Analytics stats from Cyber Monday has made it abundantly clear how little insight I have into my customers. Because my analytics token is only included on my store and product pages, I can’t tell from analytics data anything about purchases, and thus I can’t track it back to where they came from, to determine what’s most effective.

Please, Tindie, can you improve your analytics integration so we can track customers through the shopping cart process to determine who’s buying?

I posted a similar request not long ago.

Hear you all loud and clear. This has become a priority. We started on it yesterday. It will take some time to “put the puzzle together” but hopefully this will be live this month.

:thumbsup:

To restart this thread, we are having meeting first thing Monday morning on this. I’ve been digging into it all morning.

2 things:

1. Provide better insights to specific sellers where their orders come from
  2. Better analysis across the platform’s referrals to make recommendations on where we think a product could be promoted to drive more sales.

For new sellers, we should be taking advantage of historical data to help them better promote themselves. Example questions -

• Is FB more appropriate for certain types of products?
  • Is there a specific subreddit that may be interested in a project?
  • What about a niche forum a seller might not know about?

There is a ton of data we need to stitch together that could be tremendously valuable.

Thoughts?

What I’d like to see most is simply retaining the Google Analytics tracking ID all the way through the checkout process. That way we can use Google’s excellent existing tools to learn about the sales funnel ourselves.

1 Like

Just put up a pull request to pass seller analytics id’s through checkout

@arachnidlabs do you have much experience with GA checkout features? Since you’re at Google, i’m guessing you have more experience than most and may have tips / tricks others may learn from?

@emilepetrone I have some experience, but not an enormous amount. Do you have specific questions?

Nope just wondering…

As a heads up, we’ll be making this change in at least a week. We have to make sure all sellers are using Universal Analytics. So we’ll send an email about this next week.

If a seller is still using Classic, this change will break it (because you can’t have multiple analytics codes using Classic Analytics. This only works with Universal)