# Days to Ship Order

Some stores have “Ships within 1 day” line in the store info box. I don’t :frowning: How to I add that line to my store description? I can’t find anything in the store settings.

It’s actually calculated off the time it takes to ship an order. The only way to display that is if you (or any seller) ships quicker, and gets their time to ship beneath 3 days. Then it will automagically appear :slight_smile:

I ship within 1 or 0 days, except for back ordered items, yet still it doesn’t appear. Do back ordered items ruin the fun? How long before it fixes again?

I try to hit the post office no more than twice a week (preferably Tuesday and Friday). By the way, are the days calculated as calendar or business days? If I have an order that runs out past a week, that becomes a serious problem for me, but as others have stated, life happens. As a one man shop, nobody else can do my orders if I end up in the hospital or have to travel for work (yep, I do have a day job too!). I’m curious how it will be perceived by the customer if they have a 7 day shipping commitment that gets stretched to two weeks if I end up going “on vacation mode” while I have open orders? I can see this becoming a customer service issue as the commitment is essentially broken or extended without the customer’s permission.

My proposal:
Perhaps go ahead and have a reasonable commitment, but go with a tiered resolution? Lets take the case of two weeks to ship before refund. After the first week, an automated double-blind message is sent to both the customer and the seller indicating something to the effect that Tindie is checking the status of your order. Both replies feed into customer service so that you can get feedback from the seller about why it is taking so long. If the customer replies, you have a chance of having something to tell them if the seller also replied.

The metrics can be adjusted as needed (maybe 20 days with a check-up half way). Hopefully the load to customer service is only those trouble orders that need the little extra attention. The mid-way check-up may end up being reminder to a seller who forgot about the order, but still has time to react before refund.

-John

Do you contact the seller before cancelling the order?

As someone who is only starting out considering selling on Tindie, I agree with @jkicklighter.

A move from the current 30 day to a 7 day seems little aggressive. 14 days seems like a good midway-point. While the goal of Tindie is of course to ensure that buyers have the best possible experience - the entire model has to rest on great buyer experience - I believe that it would help new sellers (like myself) to have a little leeway… I’d like the ability to have “3 strikes” if I screw up while I’m still getting to grips with the processes.

I think I’'ve come to the thread a little late, but my thoughts nonetheless!

-Andrew

14 days works for me! :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this. Your help has been greatly appreciated.

We went ahead and changed the TOS and 14 days is now the new time frame to ship. If you think you’ll need more time, please let us know and we can work with you to figure out out solutions.

This should be fine for most sellers. In 2 weeks, we’ll further push the code changes for this to be the new norm. We wanted to get the changes in the TOS first and make sure we gave everyone adequate time to ship existing orders.

But thank you again!