Why cant i un-retire

It would be AWESOME if i was allowed to undo or UN-RETIRE a product. Why isnt this possible?

Good question - it impacts a bunch of other parts of the site when we retire a product (wishlists/ waiting lists/ etc). We could do it, but that would mean tracking a bunch of other moving parts, and reversing the actions we do when we retire a product. That is why we say we canā€™t unretire a product - there is more going on than just flipping a field on the product.

Emile

Kind of seems like a flawā€¦ ok instead of unretire how about. . Clone a product? So we have the ability to clone our products and make changes. Also a gallery to reuse our images would be nice.

Itā€™s definitely not ideal I agree with that.

However the gallery idea is great. That I like a lot. Weā€™ve had the idea of
cloning a product before - and my concern with that is that people would
use that vs product options. But Iā€™m fully on board with the gallery idea.

Ok cool. At least with a gallery it saves time to upload images.

One more thing. If I place a video with your upload I can move it. Its stuck in position 1 or main position. Can that be fixed so I can move the video to the last image?

Right now itā€™s only in that position. Weā€™ll do a big rework on the product page to update the gallery & videos (also add embed videos in description).

Currently we are hiring so if you know any full stack engineers! https://www.tindie.com/about/jobs/

Well, if there is definitely no way to un-retire a product

1. I suggest not allowing to edit ā€œNum in stockā€ and other fields for retired product
  2. put a message somewhere so that sellers do not have to look hard for an ā€˜un-retireā€™ button
  3. since you cannot un-retire a product, maybe as a work-around you can add a shortcut for ā€˜clone this retired product into a new oneā€™?
1 Like