Raising quality on Tindie

We’ve talked about this a bunch of times over the years on raising the quality on Tindie. 2015 is the year we are taking action. In the next few hours we will update our Terms of Service to be very clear on our policies and expectations for sellers on Tindie.

If you’re reading this, I’m 99.9% sure you are a great seller and we love having you as a part of the Tindie Community. Unfortunately over the last few months and weeks, a few sellers became increasingly difficult to contact with multiple customers contacting us to take action. There wasn’t a single incident but many occasions, emails, refunds, orders not shipped on time, etc which piled up.

In the spirit of transparency, this afternoon we removed 2 sellers that fit this pattern of behavior. We removed their products, refunded any unshipped orders, and closed their accounts. This is only after contacting them many times without replies for both.

Tindie is larger than any single seller. When a particular seller is making it difficult for the community as a whole, we have to act to ensure a safe marketplace for all customers and sellers. To be clear, we don’t believe this will be something we will do often. However we did want to make sure the community knew about it.

If you have any questions, I’m happy to answer them. Upwards!

Emile

1 Like

No Questions! Just wanted to say that I support your decision to remove sellers who act the way you described. Bravo!

1 Like