Feeling the lack of preorder/backorder support

Let me jump in! :slight_smile: At the risk of giving up too much information - one item from the blog post that I will share with everyone tomorrow -ish (yes, possibly stealing my thunder :slight_smile: -> backorders are on the roadmap. There, I said it and now we have to build it. Sequencing and timing TBD but we have plans to implement backorders. If that looks good, preorders will be something we look to implement going forward, but as Iā€™ll outline in my post, thatā€™s a much harder thing to do as youā€™re betting on someoneā€™s ability to build stuff, rather than the experience they have already demonstrated. To make that work well for buyers, itā€™s a touchy thing to get right. So as it standsā€¦heard it hear firstā€¦backorders will be implemented. No promises just yet on when thatā€™ll happen but itā€™s on ā€œthe listā€.

Best regards,

Matt

2 Likes

Blog post is live at: http://blog.tindie.com/2015/09/tindie-improvements-and-bug-fixes/

Thanks Matt!

The ā€œContinue the discussion at discuss.tindie.comā€ link isnā€™t working though.

As the forum has just helpfully told me, the last response was 190 days ago. Any news on getting backorders back?

1 Like

+1 - You are losing commission Tnidie. Instead of clicking the wishlist button people are simply e-mailing us directly. At which point we send them a PayPal invoice for their pre-order. We would love the extra layer of Tindie for financial security reasons but since this isnā€™t a feature we do what we need to do.

1 Like