Disbursement not made!

Hello all,

The title says it all really.
I wanted to withdraw my funds today, got an error message, and now no transfer has been made to my paypal account.

Emile, please answer.
Regards

1 Like

I just tried to make a disbursement and had the same issue, getting the message “There was a problem making the payment. Tindie support has been notified.”. My balance has been reset to 0 despite the lack of payment.

1 Like

perhaps it’d be a good idea for the staff to inform the sellers?
Seems Amber isn’t visiting the forum anymore…

1 Like

I was just hit by this today, any news?

1 Like

In case you haven’t already, opening a support request hopefully gets a faster reaction:
https://tindie.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

But I’m disappointed, though not surprised, that there’s no seller communication whatsoever within 12+ hours for such a critical issue. I will definitely hold off restocking my store until this is resolved.

1 Like

hey… they sold their product to supplyframe, so it’s off their hands now no? :wink:

Hi folks (Limpkin, et. Al) –

@Limpkin, you and I discussed this yesterday but for everyone’s benefit… With the acquisition, we had merged some banking information with Paypal. That will streamline the process going forward but did create a short (5-day) delay while finances were merged with Paypal. With the US holiday weekend, this created a longer delay than we had expected (banking holidays being what they are). This is a Paypal constraint and not something we can do anything about. The system will be back online tomorrow 9/10/15 and funds available for disbursement. Sorry for any grief that this caused!

Going forward, this shouldn’t happen again with what we’ve put in place but thanks for your understanding as we work out the complexities of trying to merge two company’s financials together.

Best regards,

Matt Berggren
Tindie / Hackaday Minion

Oh, and in fairness to you all – apologies we hadn’t sent an update on this. We could have handled this better but didn’t anticipate the numbers of disbursements that we had received over this period. It’s all being finalized now and they will go out tomorrow.

Best regards,

matt
Tindie

Just to piggyback on Matt’s post: I have been answering tickets and emails on this issue. Additionally, I have been watching the account and pushing through transactions manually when I can as well as messaging sellers privately. If you haven’t gotten one from me yet, you are on my list and I am working hard on it. If you need my assistance I can always be reached via email or the help desk system.

1 Like

Dear All,

I apologize for the sarcastic answer… it may not have been the best way to express my opinion. You should indeed have notified all the sellers about this issue when you started receiving the first reports so they wouldn’t get the same bad surprise as nick & hotchk. I sincerely hope the support & communication to the community will come back to what it was when tindie first started.
Matt, Amber: I indeed chose not to divulge the content of our emails as I wasn’t sure what was public information.

I look forward to tomorrow so I can finally pay my manufacturer which in some cases is even less patient than me.

I have to say, this is deeply disappointing and unprofessional.

You have to assume that people may depend on being able to disburse their money in a timely fashion. It may not presently be the case that anyone makes their living off Tindie, but if you want that to ever be the case, you have to act as if it is so.

What should have happened is something like this:

1. Inform sellers ahead of time that there will be a transitional period during which disbursements won’t work, and give people a chance to make a disbursement ahead of time (or just pay everyone out automatically!)
  2. Disable the disbursement button and let people know why and for how long.
  3. Re-enable it after the transition and let people know disbursements are now available again.

Instead, this was handled in probably the worst and least confidence inspiring way possible: with absolutely no communication, and with disbursements simply failing (and in a manner that appears to lose sellers’ money, too).

I’m extremely disappointed.

1 Like

When I saw there was a problem with Disbursements, I contacted Tindie and was answered by Amber within minutes, which is greatly appreciated.
I hope by the end of today (9/10/15) that this problem will be resolved. My Tindie store IS my only source of income.

-Louis
Vibrato, LLC.

Finally received my disbursement!
Will be making daily disbursements from now on.

Hello all. I was up until well past 2:00am PST watching the account and finally had to get some sleep. This morning I pushed through all payments and confirmed them all. Thanks again for your patience. If any of you need further assistance, the best ways to reach me are via the help desk or my email amber (at) tindie.com. Have a great day!

1 Like

Thanks for all your hard work Amber! I received the payment pending earlier today.
You are a model employee!
-Louis