Cyber Monday 2016

Hello Tindie sellers!

The festive season is almost upon us and we’re gearing up for Black Friday (Nov 25) and Cyber Monday (Nov 28)!

We have tweets at the ready and the Tindie bloggers are poised for posts each day. If you have deals you would like us to promote message me with details as soon as you can.

Discount Codes
If you’ve not setup a discount code on Tindie before it’s very easy. You can give % or $ off all your products or specify just one or two. Choose to limit the number of times the offer can be used, when it starts or ends, or keep it unlimited.

If you have a lot of inventory you might want to allow the offer to run from the 24-29 Nov. If you’ve limited stock, but still want to attract attention just focus on something special for Cyber Monday.

To create a discount, login to Tindie, go to your Store Admin, click on Discounts and you’ll see the Create Discount button.

Free gifts or upgraded shipping
A deep discount is usually the way to go, but you can also offer a free gift or upgraded shipping. Just try and keep it simple to avoid any delays or additional communication with buyers at this busy time.

You may want to temporarily update your product pages with details of the promotion, or you can add a store wide message from your Store Settings page.

Social Media
A lot of our sellers are doing very well driving traffic to their Tindie Stores from social media. Don’t forget to tag @tindie in your tweets and posts about your deals and use #BlackFriday and #CyberMonday. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.

Vacation
Remember, if you’re going to be away with friends and family this holiday or in December, you can let people know by putting your store in vacation mode. This helps buyers realise you’re taking a break and when you’re likely to respond to them. Vacation mode is also managed on the Store Settings page.

If you have any questions or ideas, do not hesitate to contact us at hello@tindie.com. We’re here to help.

Have a great week,
Jasmine & the Tindie Team

p.s. This message originally was emailed out to the Tindie Sellers mailing list. If you’re a seller and didn’t recieve it, let us know.

This time a year ago I was quite new to the Tindie scene, and had very modest sales - but the Black Friday / Cyber Monday discounts & promotions meant that it was the biggest weekend of the year for me!

So, I’ll certainly be taking part again this year!

I’m thinking along the lines of a reasonable discount (maybe 10 or 15%) on the Friday, then something a bit bigger (15 or 20%) for the Monday. Nearer the time I’ll reply back here with discount codes and tweet about it too :slight_smile:

Spencer

Hello Everyone,

thanks for sending me your great offers for this week. I think I’ve responded to everyone, so if you’ve not heard from me or you still want to send me details, please message me asap.

I need:

• discount code (if required)
  • amount off or details of offer
  • does it apply to specific products or your whole store
  • when is it valid from and to.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks to Everyone who took part in this! We have quite a few ideas to make it better for next year. Let us know if you have any feedback.

This November was the best grossing month for the Tindie community so far. Almost 55% up on last years November sales. Lots of new buyers, so we’ll be working with you to keep this trend going into 2017!

Hey hope everyone had good sales!

1 Like